A website is designed by web designer and developed by web developer.
Let us elaborate the meaning of designed by and developed by:
Designed by: Means when a web designer, design the frontend of the website. Front end means the page which a viewer can see when the website is opened. The look and feel of the website.
There are many ways through a web designer can design the website. For example:
5. Content Management System – like: wordpress, jhoomla, drupal and many more.
Developed By: Means the backend of the website. The action is perform when a viewer click on the button like : submit, add to cart, go etc. when a user clicks on any of the button the data will flow into the backend of the website which is hidden to general user. And in that backend process the user’s submitted data is flow from front end to back end and stored into the database table. Most of the time user can fill and sends the sensitive information into the form. Like the query form, contact us form, and sometimes when u buying something on the ecommerce website user can input the sensitive card details information there.
So when we inputting some sensitive information on any website where backend process is going on the hackers trying to steals your important information from the database, tables or from the website. So here we are in a great need to secure our websites, our web servers, our hosting and our databases.
Don’t leave the front door of your website open! You need to secure your website, which means putting protection in place to keep out hackers, bugs, and other online nasty’s. Otherwise, your data could be at risk, your site could crash, or you could even lose money and valuables.
Now lets us see the ways how we can secure our websites, hosting and databases.
1. SSL: The first and foremost important to secure our website through SSL.
What is SSL: Secure Socket Layer(SSL). SSL provides a secure channel between your website and the hosting of your website. One common example is when SSL is used to secure communication between a web browser and a web server. This turns a website’s address from HTTP to HTTPS, the ‘S’ standing for ‘secure’. When a SSL certificate is installed properly in your hosting account then you can see a green padlock before your domain name. And after installing the SSL certificate you can forward your website from http:// to https://
How Much Is an SSL?
The cost of your SSL can be range from free of cost to hundreds of Rupees, depending on the level of security you require. Here are the types of SSL’s ranging from least secure to most secure (and, generally, lowest to highest in price):
• Domain Validated (DV) Certificates – For sites, such as blogs or small business websites, that don’t exchange any customer information.
• Organization Validated (OV) Certificates – For sites, such as business websites with forms and lead capture capabilities, that don’t exchange sensitive customer information.
2. Extended Validated (EV) Certificates – Highest level of security, capable of handling sensitive information such as financial transactions.
3. Install Antivirus into those systems from where you upload and download the data from server. Means from where you communicate with your hosting or server. Through filezilla or through cpanel.
4. Make your passwords uncrackable, means you can input strong password. Which includes the special characters. Small capital letters.
5. Keep your website up to date – always keep vigil on your website. And as much possible update your website on regular basis. If you installed plugins in your website, update all plugins regularly.
6. Run regular backups – always take periodic regular backups for any kind of misshaping or disaster occurs in future.
Some SSL Certificate Providers:
7. Network Solutions
10. Entrust Datacard
And many more….
Some Free and Low-Cost SSL Certificate Issuers are:
2. Let’s Encrypt
4. SSL For Free
6. Instant SSL
7. Basic SSL
1. Don’t install one month trial versions of antivirus, because when one month is completed and you forgot to uninstall it then it will harm your system. Try to purchase full one year subscription package.
2. Purchase hosting with some good renowned hosting service providers.
3. If possible try to purchase dedicated hosting.
4. Avoid purchasing single hosting with multiple domains. Means avoid purchasing those hosting where you can park your multiple domains in single hosting. Because if your website is hacked or server down then your all websites are goes down. So try to purchase single hosting for single website.
5. If you want to test the SSL or if your website is in under construction or under development mode, then you can also install the 3 months free subscription from some websites, where you can easily implemented and installing the SSL.
6. Secure your website before any vulnerability occurs.
7. For any kind of other information related to this topic. Then please comment on vatspedia.com
8. And for more and updated information on any topic must visit vatspedia.com regularly.